Skip to main content

I GOT HER

 November 2023

 

Before my dad left this earth he asked the question:  What about your mom?   I quickly responded, "I got her." Little did I know that those three words would turn my life upside down.  Dad quickly declined and left this earth before I could ask him the many questions that now fill my thoughts and mind.   

Just months before my Dad's health failed him our family had noticed some changes in Mom.  Mom was not mom.   Many times we all brushed it off to her quirky nature.   After two many quirky behaviors I brought up my concerns with her primary care provider.   The primary care provider brushed me off, but multiple calls later he called her in for a visit.  After a few visits and a psychological examination it was determined that she had a mild cognitive decline.  

         The weeks and months that followed the funeral mom seemed to perk up and we saw glimpses of her normal self.   Later we found out that this behavior is some what normal.   After a few good weeks the decline once again appeared.   

Comments