Skip to main content

MATT

 

   One night I was curdled up on the couch one and Matt asked me what was wrong.  I quickly told him I was sad.  I was sad that my Mom was no longer able to do what she once was able to do.  I was sad that no matter what I told my brother he still had an excuse of why and how he could not be an active partcipant in my Mom's care. I was sad that my SIL as a nurse was unwilling to speak or be of any assistance or support to my brother.  I was sad that life was not suppose to be this way.  I was lonely as my peers are not walking this road. I am tired and know the marathon will continue.   He let me say all of my things, and then quickly told me I was not alone.  That he was in this journey with me.  Seventeen years ago we took the vow for better or worse.  My family was his, and his was mine.   In my tears I knew he spoke truth.  Matt has stood in the gap.  When I can no longer think of the next steps he thinks with me. If the medication is off he goes and checks. When she is sick he helps me care for her. He helps me answer the tough questions with the kids.  If I can not make an appointment he will take her. (Before knowing us the look on doctor's faces)  He stands up to my brother for not stepping up.  He welcomes mom into our home with open arms even when it is not convient. He does not complain, and I know he will see this to the end with me.  

 

Two Are Better Than One, For If Either Of Them Falls, One Can Help The Other Up' - Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Comments